Our energy and infrastructure practice spans the full range of legal issues arising in Ghana’s energy and infrastructure sectors. We provide advice on the regulation of sectors such as oil and gas, power, railways, ports and harbours and telecommunication..
We have advised companies in both the midstream and the downstream sectors of the oil and gas industry as well as companies in the renewable energy sector. Our lawyers have advised mobile telecom and telecom service providers on a variety of regulatory issues and we have also advised telecoms infrastructure companies on a range of issues including those relating to intellectual property.
We have worked with local and international companies in the oil and gas, energy and telecoms infrastructure, and transportation sectors.
Some of our transactions include
- Advising the transaction advisors to the Governments of Ghana and Burkina Faso on the development of a 1,100-km railway line from the port of Tema in Ghana to Ouagadougou in Burkina Faso on a Design Build Finance Operate and Transfer (DBFOT) basis.
- Advising on the proposed acquisition of an undivided significant stake in an independent oil and gas exploration and production company by one of the seven “Supermajor” multinational integrated oil and gas companies.
- Advising one of the seven “Supermajor” multinational integrated oil and gas companies on the development of an LNG Re-gasification plant in Ghana
- Advising a USD 12 billion mid and downstream oil company on the acquisition or leasing of various fuel retail sites across Ghana.
- Advising a global hotel management company on general corporate matters relating to the management of one of the premier hotels in Ghana.
- Advising a leading clean energy company on the local content rules in relation to an operations and maintenance contract for the development of a 660MW fired combined cycle power generation plant.
- Advising on a multi-million dollar subcontract between a local engineering and construction firm and an international construction firm in connection with the development of a multi-regional water supply expansion project.
- Performed a legal and regulatory review of the entire power sector in Ghana as part of a team of international consultants engaged by the International Finance Corporation to assist it with a larger study of the sector being undertaken for the Millennium Challenge Corporation.
- Advising an international drilling contractor on the local oil and gas content requirements associated with the formation of a joint venture with a local construction firm.
- Advising a Ghanaian parastatal company on the drafting and negotiation of an EPC construction contract in respect of the USD 300 million Eastern Corridor Multimodal Transport Project.
- Advising the developers of an integrated container and multi-purpose terminal at the Takoradi Port under a concession from the Ghana Ports and Harbours Authority on the financing arrangements and various infrastructure development issues.