Lending and borrowing representations, mergers, acquisitions, project financing, cross-border investments and the structuring of a broad range of investments heads the list of related matters we have handled in the area of banking and finance law. Our expertise and resourcefulness allow the firm to cover various kinds of financing transactions.
Our clients include multinational and local financial institutions, borrowers, lessees, and other players in the capital markets who trust us to identify and manage the legal and regulatory risks involved in these transactions. Our compliance advisory subsidiary works closely with our banking and finance practice to offer clients comprehensive advice, training and operational support with regulatory and compliance issues stemming from their business activities.
Some of our transactions include
- Advising an agriculture focused pan-African private equity fund on its equity and debt investment into a Ghanaian agri-business company.
- Advising a pan-African telecommunications infrastructure company with Ghanaian subsidiaries on a USD 200 million term facility and a USD 70 million revolving credit facility with a syndicate of bank lenders for the purpose of financing its general corporate and working capital requirements.
- Advising a local urban developer on an arrangement with a leading mortgage finance institution, to provide specially structured financial assistance to purchasers of residential properties within a 2325-acre master-planned development in Accra.
- Advising the owner of a five-star luxury Hotel in Ghana on a term loan facility granted by a UK-based lender and a Ghanaian bank, for the purpose of refinancing its existing debt and other general corporate and working capital needs.
- Advising a global development investment management institution in connection with a facility agreement with a leading containerised solar PV solutions business operating in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Advising a leading pan-African non-banking financial institution on the grant of a loan facility to a local hospitality company for the purpose of financing the expansion of its food and drinks service business in Ghana and Cote d’Ivoire.
- Advising an international commodities company on the financing, development, and operation of a lead smelter in Ghana.
- Acting as international legal counsel to the equity sponsors on the design, build, financing, operation, and maintenance of a container and multi-purpose terminal at the Takoradi Port.
- Advising a Mauritius-based private equity fund manager on the formation of a USD 30 million private equity fund focused on investments in SMEs in the agricultural sector, on the Ghanaian tax law issues involved in the formation, and the investment team’s carry compensation scheme.
- Advising the developer of a 5-star luxury hotel on the refinancing of its existing debt through a USD 31 million loan facility.
- Advising a first-generation apparel manufacturing factory on a potential equity and debt investment.